ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 1st, 2017
Oral Presentation Notification: Week of May 8th, 2017
All participants registered by February 1st, 2017 or before, are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. From the submitted abstracts, fifteen-minute oral presentations will be selected (see below). Others will be assigned a poster presentation. Posters will be on display for viewing the entire three days of the symposium.
- IMPORTANT: You need to register before submitting your abstract. Your registration number is needed for abstract submission.
- Please choose the best session for your abstract (see below).
- Please indicate if your abstract is to be considered for an Oral or Poster presentation.
- Labs may submit more than one abstract, but there will be a maximum of one oral presentation per lab; additional presentations will be assigned to a poster format. If your lab is submitting multiple abstracts, please indicate which one (if any) is your preference for an oral presentation format.
- The body of your abstract cannot exceed 300 words
- Do not include any graphic material in the body of your abstract.
- Download an example of a valid Abstract
- After filling out the abstract form and the abstract body, press the “submit” button. Please print the confirmation page for your records; an additional acknowledgement will be sent to you by email.
- Persons submitting abstracts will be notified by email the week of May 8, 2017 regarding whether their presentation will be in oral or poster format”
- Hemipteran Systematics & Genomics
- Xylem Feeders
- Phloem & Mesophyll Feeders
- Hemiptera-Plant Pathogen Interactions
- Insect-Plant Dialog
- Hemiptera-symbiont interactions
- Pest/Disease Management
Keynote speaker presentations will be 25 minutes long with an additional 5 minutes for questions. From the submitted abstracts, a number of oral presentations will be selected. Presentations will be 15 minutes long including time for questions.
Posters should be put up during the morning of the first day of the Symposium (June 5th, 2017) on the gardens of the Physics Building. Posters will be displayed for the entire conference and can be viewed over the coffee hours, lunch break and during the poster session from 6 to 7 pm each day. Authors with odd numbers are requested to be present at their poster on Monday evening’s poster session (June 5th, 2017). Authors with even numbers are requested to be present at their poster on Tuesday evening’s poster session (June 6th, 2017). Posters should be taken down by 5 pm Wednesday afternoon (June 7th, 2017).
Poster boards are 120 cm x 160 cm and will accommodate 90 cm wide x 120 cm high (portrait orientation) standard posters. Pins for securing posters will be provided.
TO SUBMIT ABSTRACT:
Please press the following link and fill out all the required fields. Then press the Submit button.